I spent many hours writing this article. During this time, I have studied and tested 50+ landing page creation tools, described the best tools in detail.
Therefore, if you are looking for the best way to create a landing page without programming knowledge, you will find the solution.
Hi, my name is Manipal Vishnoi, and I am the founder of theadvanceblog.com. Sometimes I need to create a landing page for some marketing task.
The value of this article is that I originally wrote it for myself because I was also looking for a way to create a landing page quickly and easily.
What are the best ways to create landing pages?
I use only 5 options that you can use to create a landing page:
- using special ad platforms;
- using WordPress plugins;
- using mailing list services;
- using frameworks or ready-made templates;
- write from scratch (this option is the most difficult, Watch about it here)
There may be others, so write about them in the comments if you have something to add.
In this article, I will tell you in general terms about the pros and cons of each of these methods.
1). Landing page builder platforms
- Usually, such landing page generator platforms have a convenient visual editor, where you can easily drag-and-drop elements, edit text, images, insert widgets, and so on. But there are also constructors without visualization (for example, ClickFunnels, GroveFunnels).
- HTML knowledge and programming skills are really not necessary.
- Most often, you are offered a test period to test the functionality for free (ClickFunnels, Builderall ).
- Alternatively, you can immediately create your own landing page, but to publish it, connect your domain to it, or remove the ad builder logo, you will need to switch to a paid plan (Systeme.io,WIX ).
- For using the platform, you need to pay from$ 4 to$ 70 every month (there are tariffs and higher), depending on the functions and the number of landing pages that you want to create. But you can also pay immediately for a year, or even for 2, it will be a little cheaper.
- You can connect your own domain, but hosting, in most cases, is not. This means that after the landing page is created, it remains in the ownership of the platform and you will not be able to pick it up for yourself. But even here there are exceptions.
2). WordPress Plugins for Creating Landing Pages
Representatives: Elementor, Divi Builder, Seedprod, Instabuilder, Optimizepress, WP Page, Thrive Themes, Visual Composer, etc.
- Payment is a one-time payment , and your landing page is available indefinitely.
- The price is usually lower than that of the platforms.
- Hosting is yours (This is a plus point for us, but keep in mind that paying for it is now your headache).
- These plugins make your work easy, You can make a landing page by dragging and dropping
- You don't need any special knowledge of code or web design.
- Its need WordPress.
- Often there is no test period or opportunity to see how the plugin works.
- It is difficult than landing page builder software
3). Make Landing pages using Mailing list services
Collecting a subscriber base is one of the main tasks of a landing page. Therefore, many mailing list services include the function of creating a landing page. It is very convenient to use one tool instead of several. Therefore, if you are creating a landing page specifically for the purpose of collecting a subscriber base, then you definitely need to consider this method.
Representatives: GetResponse,Mailchimp,SendinBlue,Constant Contact, etc.
- You don't need to connect mailing list services or plugins separately. Everything in one place from creating landing pages to building a chain of emails.
- There is usually a test period.
- Your hosting service.
- Such services are designed for mailing, so don't expect them to have a wide range of functionality for creating landing pages.
- Monthly payment.
I'll look at GetResponse as an example in this article
4). Using Frameworks and templates
Representatives: Themeforest, Envato elements, TemplateMonster, Framework Startups, Framework Slides, etc.
- Templates and animations are one level higher.
- You pay a fixed amount once — no need montely payment.
- You can create as many landing pages as you want without paying extra for it.
- You can connect your own hosting and domain.
- You need knowledge of HTML, CSS, etc.
- You can't test the tool before purchasing it
Which tool is better?
I do not know what tasks you need a landing page for, and what budget you expect, so it is difficult to advise you on something. But I can say that I chose it.
In terms of functionality and quality, I liked Framework Slides the most. This is the best option because you only pay once and can create real masterpieces that will also be on your hosting. However, I don't have enough knowledge and time to work with it yet.
Of the platforms, I would choose GroveFunnels. A very simple and convenient constructor starts free of cost. I'll save it for temporary tasks.
Well, for permanent use, I chose the Elementor plugin. Because it's common to work with it in WordPress, it has everything I need in terms of functionality from videos to slides, and so far I haven't found any significant flaws in it.
But before you choose anything, I need to warn you about this:
The main thing to remember:
After all this research, which took me a lot of time, I made this conclusion for myself.
You can create a landing page yourself, and you don't need much knowledge to do this. But you need a lot of other things:
- Patience when pixels move out and the font dances,
- Understanding how to write sales texts,
- Confidence that the design you create will be understood,
- Time to spend choosing a tool, installing it, and learning it
… and many other things that your landing page can't generate leads without.
A number of time-consuming tasks now separate you from the finished landing page:
- You will have to spend 2 hours choosing the right tool for you;
- 5+ hours to test it and figure it out;
- It will take 10+ hours to create a landing page. Whatever the designers and plugins promise you, they are buggy and far from ideal. And this is a minimum of 10 hours of struggle with pixels and sliding fonts provided to you (believe me, I went through it).
- 10 hours to pick up texts and images,
- It will take at least 3 hours to check the site's adaptability and communicate with the support service.
This adds up to more than 30 hours of time. All these figures, of course, are approximate and subjective, but this is clearly not going to be “make a landing page in just 2 hours”. But time is not the main problem. There is a risk that at the end of all your torments you will face the main problem: your tool will not have the opportunity that you will desperately need.
Evaluate the time spent and possible pitfalls. Perhaps, in your case, it is better to immediately contact a professional who will do everything on a turnkey basis?
When should you still order a landing page from a pro?
A situation where you should seek professional help occurs when:
- Your product requires non-standard functionality;
- Your status does not allow you to use template tools and requires a new design solution;
- Your time is worth more than the Money.
- You don't have the desire or ability to do anything other than your own work;
Where would I tell you to go in this situation? Here, of course, you have several options:
- Freelancers (the cheapest way). But if you choose it, then read it for sure and download a checklistthat will help you avoid running into a scammer.
- specialized companies that create landing pages (these guys are narrow specialists and know their business, for which they will charge more expensive. Please note that many landing page creation tools also offer the unique design service. The question comes down to the price)
- web studios (also more expensive than freelancers, but more guarantees, because the work of one designer can always be picked up by another in case of force majeure. And also, when you need other design services, you will already have someone to go to)
There are other options, from recommendations from friends to creative agencies. But I think you can already guess which option I think is the best;)
Now that I have warned you about everything, and you know the pros and cons of each method, it will be easy for you to make a decision.
People also ask
|❓ Is a landing page a website?|
|Landing pages are separate from a business' website — Homepages are the front page of a business' website. Landing pages have a single goal — Homepages promote website browsing.|
|❓ How do landing pages drive traffic?|
|1. Create Compelling Referral Content. …|
2. Launch Email Newsletters. …
3. Guest blog on relevant sites. …
4. Reach Audiences on Premium Publisher Sites. …
5. Use search advertising. …
6. Partner with influencers. …
7. Ramp up your social media strategy. …
8. Engage in comment sections and forums.
|❓ Are landing pages still effective?|
|Landing pages with images, videos and graphics can not only help attract people, but they will help you make a lasting impression. … Landing pages promote customer focus. It's easier to capture conversions from a well-designed landing page than it is from a homepage or blog post because they have one singular goal.|
|❓ What makes a good landing page design?|
|A good landing page should have a strong offer and be able to explain why the offer is valuable in clear and concise terms. … Most effective landing pages confirm the offer with the headline and use the sub-heading for further explanation of the offer and to share the value proposition.|
Sharing knowledge is the most fundamental act of friendship. Because it is a way you can give something without losing something.